The Hofstra Pride (2-2) hit the court against the Wright State Raiders (1-3) on Tuesday, November 21, 2023 at 7:30 PM ET on FloHoops. In this article, we take a look at the Hofstra vs. Wright State odds and lines around this matchup.
The Pride enter their game as a 2.5-point favorite against the Raiders. The matchup’s point total is set at 161.
Hofstra compiled a 22-12-0 record against the spread last season. Wright State went 15-14-2 ATS last season.
Ahead of this college hoops showdown, here’s what you need to get ready for Tuesday’s action.
Check out: USA TODAY Sports Coaches Poll
Wright State at Hofstra odds, spread and lines
- Spread: Hofstra -2.5
- Total: 161
- Moneyline: Hofstra -142, Wright State +120
Hofstra vs. Wright State prediction
Hofstra 87, Wright State 72
- Hofstra won 86.4% of the games last season in which it was the moneyline favorite (19-3).
- In games they played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -142 or shorter, the Pride had a record of 18-2 (90%).
- Based on this contest’s moneyline, Hofstra’s implied win probability is 58.7%.
- Wright State won six, or 50%, of the 12 games it played as underdogs last season.
- The Raiders were 2-5 last season when entering a game as an underdog by +120 or more on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win by Wright State, based on the moneyline, is 45.5%.
Against the spread
- Hofstra covered 22 times in 34 chances against the spread last season.
- Wright State won 15 games against the spread last year, while failing to cover or pushing 16 times.
- Last year, the Pride recorded 74.8 points per game, only 1.1 more points than the 73.7 the Raiders gave up.
- When Hofstra put up more than 73.7 points last season, it went 13-3 against the spread and 15-2 overall.
- When Wright State gave up fewer than 74.8 points last season, it went 11-3 against the spread and 14-3 overall.
- The Raiders put up an average of 79.9 points per game last year, 13.5 more points than the 66.4 the Pride gave up to opponents.
- Wright State went 13-9-1 against the spread and 17-9 overall when it scored more than 66.4 points last season.
- Hofstra’s record was 17-6 against the spread and 21-5 overall when it allowed fewer than 79.9 points last season.
- The Pride put up a total of 295 more points than their opponents last year (an average of 8.4 per game), and the Raiders outscored opponents by 205 points on the season (6.2 more per game).
- The average implied total for the Pride last season was 75.1 points, 6.9 fewer points than their implied total of 82 points in Tuesday’s game.
- Last season, Hofstra outscored its implied point total for this matchup (82) 12 times.
- The 77.4-point average implied total for the Raiders last season is 1.6 fewer points than the team’s 79-point implied total in this matchup.
- Wright State put up more than 79 points two times a season ago.