The Wisconsin Badgers (3-2) battle the SMU Mustangs (4-1) at Suncoast Credit Union Arena on Wednesday, November 22, 2023. The game starts at 8:30 PM ET on Fox Sports 1. In this preview, we analyze the SMU vs. Wisconsin odds and lines ahead of this game.
No line has been set yet for the Mustangs vs. Badgers matchup.
SMU has put together a 2-2-0 record against the spread this season, while Wisconsin is 2-3-0. In terms of hitting the over, games involving the Mustangs are 1-3-0 and the Badgers are 3-2-0.
Here’s everything you need to prepare for Wednesday’s college basketball action.
Check out: USA TODAY Sports Coaches Poll
SMU vs. Wisconsin prediction
Wisconsin 72, SMU 69
Against the spread
- SMU has a record of 2-2-0 against the spread this season.
- Wisconsin has covered twice in five games with a spread this season.
- The 77.2 points per game the Mustangs score are 9.8 more points than the Badgers give up (67.4).
- SMU is 2-1 against the spread and 4-0 overall when scoring more than 67.4 points.
- Wisconsin has a 2-2 record against the spread and a 3-1 record overall when allowing fewer than 77.2 points.
- The Badgers score an average of 75.4 points per game, 11.4 more points than the 64.0 the Mustangs give up to opponents.
- Wisconsin has put together a 2-2 ATS record and a 3-1 overall record in games it scores more than 64.0 points.
- SMU has an ATS record of 2-1 and a 4-0 record overall when its opponents score fewer than 75.4 points.
Players to watch
- Zhuric Phelps paces the Mustangs at 14.2 points per contest, while also putting up 3.4 assists and 5.0 rebounds.
- Tyreek Smith is averaging 8.6 points, 0.2 assists and 6.4 rebounds per contest.
- Samuell Williamson paces his squad in rebounds per contest (6.6), and also posts 7.0 points and 2.6 assists. At the other end, he averages 1.0 steal and 0.8 blocked shots.
- Steven Crowl is the Badgers’ top rebounder (7.2 per game), and he produces 11.6 points and 2.0 assists.
- Chucky Hepburn is the Badgers’ top assist man (3.6 per game), and he delivers 10.8 points and 2.4 rebounds.
- Tyler Wahl gives the Badgers 10.2 points, 5.8 rebounds and 1.4 assists per contest. He also puts up 1.0 steal and 0.6 blocked shots.