The Gonzaga Bulldogs (2-1) play the Syracuse Orange (3-1) on Tuesday, November 21, 2023 at 2:30 PM ET on ESPN2. In this preview, we take a look at the Gonzaga vs. Syracuse odds and lines around this matchup.
The Bulldogs are a double-digit favorite against the Orange when the Bulldogs and the Orange square off. The Bulldogs are favored by 12.5 points. The matchup’s over/under is set at 160.5.
Gonzaga put together a 15-21-0 record against the spread last season. Syracuse went 16-14-2 ATS last year.
As college hoops matchups continue, get ready for the contest with everything you need to know before Tuesday’s game.
Check out: USA TODAY Sports Coaches Poll
Syracuse at Gonzaga odds, spread and lines
- Spread: Gonzaga -12.5
- Total: 160.5
- Moneyline: Gonzaga -879, Syracuse +592
Gonzaga vs. Syracuse prediction
Gonzaga 80, Syracuse 69
- Gonzaga was the moneyline favorite 31 total times last season. It went 28-3 in those games.
- When they played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -879 or shorter, the Bulldogs had an 18-1 record (winning 94.7% of their games).
- Gonzaga has an implied moneyline win probability of 89.8% in this game.
- Last season, Syracuse won three out of the 14 games, or 21.4%, in which it was the underdog.
- The Orange played as an underdog of +592 or more once last season and lost that game.
- The oddsmakers’ moneyline implies a 14.5% chance of a victory for Syracuse.
Against the spread
- Gonzaga covered 15 times in 36 matchups with a spread last season.
- Syracuse went 16-14-2 ATS last year.
- Last year, the Bulldogs averaged 13.2 more points per game (86.1) than the Orange gave up (72.9).
- Gonzaga had an 11-12 record against the spread and a 25-1 record overall last season when scoring more than 72.9 points.
- Syracuse went 16-10-1 against the spread and 17-11 overall last season when giving up fewer than 86.1 points.
- The Orange averaged just 0.7 more points per game last year (74.1) than the Bulldogs allowed their opponents to score (73.4).
- Syracuse went 12-5 against the spread and 14-4 overall when it scored more than 73.4 points last season.
- Gonzaga went 8-6 against the spread and 14-2 overall last season when it allowed fewer than 74.1 points.
- The Bulldogs scored a total of 472 more points than their opponents last year (an average of 12.7 per game), and the Orange out-scored opponents by 39 points on the season (1.2 more per game).
- The Bulldogs’ average implied point total last season was three fewer points than their implied total in Tuesday’s game (84 implied points on average compared to 87 implied points in this game).
- Last year, Gonzaga put up more than 87 points in 16 games.
- The Orange’s average implied point total last season (75.8 points) is 1.8 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (74 points).
- Syracuse scored more than 74 points in three games a season ago.