The Sacramento State Hornets (1-4) will visit the Austin Peay Governors (2-3) after losing three road games in a row. The contest tips at 3:00 PM ET on Wednesday, November 22, 2023. In this article, we breakdown the Austin Peay vs. Sacramento State odds and lines ahead of this matchup.
The Governors and the Hornets meet with no line currently set for the matchup.
Austin Peay is 1-2-0 against the spread, while Sacramento State’s ATS record this season is 0-4-0. The Governors are 0-3-0 and the Hornets are 3-1-0 in terms of hitting the over.
Before this matchup, here is what you need to get ready for Wednesday’s college basketball action.
Check out: USA TODAY Sports Coaches Poll
Austin Peay vs. Sacramento State prediction
Sacramento State 69, Austin Peay 68
Against the spread
- Austin Peay has covered once in three matchups with a spread this season.
- Sacramento State has not won against the spread this season in four chances.
- The 67.2 points per game the Governors average are 13.0 fewer points than the Hornets allow (80.2).
- The Hornets score 12.8 more points per game (78.4) than the Governors allow their opponents to score (65.6).
- Sacramento State is 0-2 against the spread and 1-2 overall when it scores more than 65.6 points.
- Austin Peay has an ATS record of 1-2 and a 2-3 record overall when its opponents score fewer than 78.4 points.
Players to watch
- Demarcus Sharp paces his team in points (15.6), rebounds (8.6) and assists (5.8) per contest, shooting 41.8% from the field. At the other end, he averages 3.0 steals and 1.0 block.
- Ja’Monta Black is posting 13.0 points, 0.8 assists and 4.8 rebounds per contest.
- Dez White posts 12.4 points, 2.0 rebounds and 1.8 assists per contest. At the other end, he posts 1.0 steal and 0.0 blocked shots.
- Duncan Powell is the Hornets’ top scorer (14.6 points per game) and rebounder (11.6, eighth in college basketball), and delivers 2.6 assists.
- The Hornets receive 14.2 points, 3.6 rebounds and 2.4 assists per game from Zee Hamoda.
- Alex Kovatchev gives the Hornets 7.8 points, 4.2 rebounds and 2.2 assists per game. He also puts up 0.8 steals and 0.2 blocked shots.