A pair of hot teams square off when the Mississippi State Bulldogs (4-0) visit the Northwestern Wildcats (4-0) on Sunday, November 19, 2023 at 1:00 PM ET. The Bulldogs will put their four-game win streak on the line against the Wildcats, who have won four straight. In the article below, we breakdown the Mississippi State vs. Northwestern odds and lines around this matchup.
The Bulldogs head into their game as a 4-point favorite against the Wildcats. The game features a point total of 129.
Mississippi State put together a 17-17-0 record against the spread last season. Northwestern won 21 games against the spread last season, while failing to cover 13 times.
As college hoops play continues, prepare for the contest with everything you need to know ahead of Sunday’s game.
Check out: USA TODAY Sports Coaches Poll
Mississippi State at Northwestern odds, spread and lines
- Spread: Mississippi State -4
- Total: 129
- Moneyline: Mississippi State -175, Northwestern +148
Mississippi State vs. Northwestern prediction
Mississippi State 72, Northwestern 62
- Mississippi State put together an 18-5 record in games it was listed as the moneyline favorite last season (winning 78.3% of those games).
- The Bulldogs won all 16 games they played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -175 or shorter.
- Mississippi State has a 63.6% chance to win this game based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- Northwestern won nine, or 52.9%, of the 17 games it played as underdogs last season.
- Last season, the Wildcats won five of their 11 games, or 45.5%, when they were an underdog by at least +148 on the moneyline.
- The bookmakers’ moneyline implies a 40.3% chance of a victory for Northwestern.
Against the spread
- Mississippi State covered 17 times in 34 chances against the spread last season.
- Northwestern went 21-13-0 ATS last season.
- Last year, the Bulldogs averaged just 2.9 more points per game (65.7) than the Wildcats allowed (62.8).
- Mississippi State went 16-8 against the spread and 18-6 overall last season when scoring more than 62.8 points.
- When Northwestern gave up fewer than 65.7 points last season, it went 17-5 against the spread and 20-2 overall.
- The Wildcats put up 6.7 more points per game last year (67.7) than the Bulldogs gave up to opponents (61).
- Northwestern put together a 17-6 ATS record and an 18-5 overall record last season in games it scored more than 61 points.
- Mississippi State’s record was 14-7 against the spread and 18-5 overall when it gave up fewer than 67.7 points last season.
- The Bulldogs totaled 161 more points than their opponents last season (4.7 per game on average), and the Wildcats scored 169 more points than their opponents (4.9 per game).
- The Bulldogs had an average implied point total of 69.9 last season, which is 2.9 points higher than their implied total in Sunday’s game (67).
- Last season, Mississippi State scored more than 67 points in 17 games.
- The Wildcats’ average implied point total last season (70.1 points) is 7.1 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (63 points).
- Northwestern put up more than 63 points in all of its games.