The Kansas Jayhawks (4-0) take a four-game winning streak into a road matchup with the Marquette Golden Eagles (4-0), who have won four straight as well. The contest starts at 10:30 PM ET (on ESPN) on Tuesday, November 21, 2023. In this preview, we analyze the Kansas vs. Marquette odds and lines around this contest.
The Jayhawks are a 4.5-point favorite against the Golden Eagles when the Jayhawks and the Golden Eagles square off. The game’s point total is set at 157.
Kansas put together a 17-19-0 ATS record last year. Marquette compiled a 22-14-0 ATS record last season.
Here’s everything you need to get ready for Tuesday’s college basketball game.
Check out: USA TODAY Sports Coaches Poll
Kansas at Marquette odds, spread and lines
- Spread: Kansas -4.5
- Total: 157
- Moneyline: Kansas -196, Marquette +163
Kansas vs. Marquette prediction
Kansas 80, Marquette 76
- Kansas was favored on the moneyline 28 total times last season. It went 23-5 in those games.
- In games they played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -196 or shorter, the Jayhawks had a 16-1 record (winning 94.1% of their games).
- Kansas has a 66.2% chance to win this matchup based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- Marquette was underdogs in eight games last season and won five (62.5%) of those contests.
- Last season, the Golden Eagles won two of their four games when they were an underdog by at least +163 on the moneyline.
- The oddsmakers’ moneyline implies a 38.0% chance of a victory for Marquette.
Against the spread
- Kansas compiled a 17-19-0 record against the spread last season.
- Marquette compiled a 22-14-0 record against the spread last year.
- Last year, the 75.4 points per game the Jayhawks put up were 5.1 more points than the Golden Eagles allowed (70.3).
- Kansas went 12-6 against the spread and 18-1 overall last season when scoring more than 70.3 points.
- Marquette had a 17-4 record against the spread and a 20-2 record overall last season when allowing fewer than 75.4 points.
- The Golden Eagles scored an average of 79.3 points per game last year, 11.2 more points than the 68.1 the Jayhawks allowed.
- When it scored more than 68.1 points last season, Marquette went 18-10 against the spread and 23-5 overall.
- Kansas’ record was 12-13 against the spread and 24-4 overall when it allowed fewer than 79.3 points last season.
- The Jayhawks scored a total of 265 more points than their opponents last year (an average of 7.3 per game), and the Golden Eagles out-scored opponents by 326 points on the season (9.0 more per game).
- The Jayhawks’ average implied point total last season was 5.1 fewer points than their implied total in Tuesday’s game (75.9 implied points on average compared to 81 implied points in this game).
- Last year, Kansas put up more than 81 points in 13 games.
- The Golden Eagles’ average implied point total last season (79.2 points) is 3.2 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (76 points).
- Marquette outscored its implied point total for this matchup (76) two times last year.