Alexander Zverev (No. 16 ranking) will face Lorenzo Sonego (No. 67) in the quarterfinals of the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships on Thursday, March 2.
Zverev is favored (-240) to get to the semifinals compared to the underdog Sonego (+190).
Tennis odds courtesy of Tipico Sportsbook. Odds updated Thursday at 2:44 AM ET. For a full list of sports betting odds, access USA TODAY Sports Betting Scores Odds Hub.
Alexander Zverev vs. Lorenzo Sonego: Matchup Info
- Tournament: Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships
- Round: Quarterfinal
- Date: Thursday, March 2
- Court Surface: Hard
Catch the excitement and bet with Tipico!
Double Down, Ohio! Deposit $200, Get $250. Bet now! In Colorado and New Jersey, claim your 100% Deposit Match up to $250 now! 21+, see Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions.
Zverev vs. Sonego Matchup Performance & Stats
- In six hard-court tournaments over the past 12 months, Zverev is 7-5 in matches.
- In terms of serve/return winning percentages on hard courts over the past year, Zverev has won 84.5% of his games on serve and 19.5% on return.
- Including hard courts only, Zverev has converted 34.1% of his break-point opportunities (31 of 91) over the past 12 months.
- Zverev was beaten by Andy Murray (6-7, 6-2, 5-7) on February 22 in the round of 16 of his last tournament, the Qatar ExxonMobil Open.
- Sonego has posted a 16-16 record on hard courts over the past 12 months, clinching one tournament victory.
- Sonego has an 83.1% winning percentage in service games while playing on hard courts, and a 17.2% winning percentage in return games.
- On hard courts Sonego is 169th in break point winning percentage (43.3%) after going 52-for-120.
- In his last tournament (the Qatar ExxonMobil Open) on February 20, Sonego matched up with Murray in the round of 32 and was taken down 6-4, 1-6, 6-7.
Gannett may earn revenue from sports betting operators for audience referrals to betting services. Sports betting operators have no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See operator site for Terms and Conditions. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, help is available. Call the National Council on Problem Gambling 24/7 at 1-800-GAMBLER. Must be 21 or older to gamble.