The Virginia Tech Hokies (3-1) aim to continue a three-game home win streak when they host the Boise State Broncos (2-1) on Thursday, November 23, 2023 at 8:00 PM ET. In this preview, we breakdown the Virginia Tech vs. Boise State odds and lines ahead of this matchup.
The matchup between the Hokies and the Broncos currently does not have a line set.
Virginia Tech won 13 games against the spread last season, while failing to cover or pushing 21 times. Boise State compiled a 16-15-2 ATS record last year.
Ahead of watching this matchup, here’s everything you need to know about Thursday’s college basketball action.
Check out: USA TODAY Sports Coaches Poll
How to watch Virginia Tech vs. Boise State
- Game Day: Thursday, November 23, 2023
- Game Time: 8:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
Virginia Tech vs. Boise State prediction
Virginia Tech 72, Boise State 70
Against the spread
- Virginia Tech covered 13 times in 34 chances against the spread last season.
- Boise State won 16 games against the spread last season, while failing to cover or pushing 17 times.
- Last year, the 74.1 points per game the Hokies put up were 9.5 more points than the Broncos gave up (64.6).
- Virginia Tech had a 13-16 record against the spread and a 17-12 record overall last season when scoring more than 64.6 points.
- Boise State went 14-11-1 against the spread and 21-6 overall last season when allowing fewer than 74.1 points.
- The Broncos’ 72.1 points per game last year were just 2.0 more points than the 70.1 the Hokies gave up.
- Boise State put together an 11-4-2 ATS record and a 15-3 overall record last season in games it scored more than 70.1 points.
- Virginia Tech’s record was 11-6-1 against the spread and 15-3 overall when it allowed fewer than 72.1 points last season.
- The Hokies scored a total of 138 more points than their opponents last year (an average of 4.0 per game), and the Broncos out-scored opponents by 253 points on the season (7.5 more per game).